About the Position
We are on the lookout for candidates with experience creating custom Wordpress and Shopify themes to mentor our part-time WordPress and Shopify Development course!
We’re looking for mentors who are collaborative, empathetic, and passionate about sharing their knowledge to help with our part-time courses. In this role, you will:
- create a thoughtful, stimulating, and positive classroom experience
- support our instructors through lessons, code-alongs, and interactive exercises
- work directly with our students in the classroom and give project support
- help resolve issues, and coach students through code debugging and technical problem-solving
- provide written project feedback to support student’s growth
- familiarize yourself with the notes and course content before a class so you’re prepared for questions that may arise.
- other tasks as required
- You are collaborative, energetic, empathetic, and a great technical problem solver
- You are flexible, willing, and able to respond and adapt to different learning styles and personalities
- You work well in a team setting alongside your lead instructor and other mentors
- You are excited about web development, and specifically love building in Shopify and WordPress
- You have experience creating custom sites with WordPress and you're comfortable with ACF and Gutenberg
- You are experienced with WordPress Hosting and deployment
- You are comfortable and have extensive experience with HTML5, CSS3, PHP, JS
- You have experience creating sites with Shopify
- You are comfortable using Zoom, Git, GitHub, Google Docs, Sheets, and Drive
- You have a positive attitude and a desire to help others!
Please note this is a part-time position, with hours in the evening or weekend depending on the session timing.
Founded in 2012, Juno College of Technology (formerly HackerYou College of Technology) is a well-loved provider of hands-on, project-based training for people who want to learn to code or become professional developers! From our 12,000 square foot office in downtown Toronto and Live Online, we run full-time and continuing education courses year-round. We also run free coding workshops and corporate training. With thousands of alumni and over a thousand students a year, there’s a large community of people ready to welcome you to Juno!
How to Apply
Please apply via this link by Friday September 11, 2020! We’d love to see your resume, and anything else you’d like to provide us! All applications are appreciated, but we will only contact successful applicants to move on to the next stage.
Doesn't sound like the job for you?
If you're looking for a career change but this position doesn't sound like a good fit, our Web Development Immersive Bootcamp can help. With an employment rate of 78.5% within 180 days of graduation and a median base salary of $55,000, becoming a developer is something you won't regret. Find out more about our Bootcamp or download our Student Outcomes Report to find out more about our grads' success.