About the Position
We are on the lookout for candidates with experience creating custom wordpress and shopify themes to instruct our part-time Wordpress and Shopify Development course!
You’ll work directly with our students, teaching them prepared curriculum, and supporting them as they build amazing projects. We care deeply about all of our students and we want to ensure a thoughtful, stimulating, and positive experience from their very first day in their first class with us, all along their journey learning new skills.
In this role, you will:
- Teach prepared course curriculum through lessons, code-alongs, and interactive exercises
- Work directly with our students in the classroom and give project support
- Working individually and in small groups with students to diagnose and solve technical problems
- Collaborate with curriculum team to recommend curriculum improvements
- Other tasks as required
- You’re an excellent public speaker and written communicator
- You are collaborative, energetic, empathetic, and a great technical problem solver.
- You are flexible, willing, and able to respond and adapt to different learning styles and personalities
- You are excited about web development, and specifically love building in Shopify and WordPress
- You have extensive experience creating custom sites with WordPress and you're comfortable with ACF and Gutenberg
- You're experienced with WordPress Hosting and deployment
- You’re comfortable and have extensive experience with HTML5, CSS3, PHP, JS
- You have experience creating sites with Shopify
- You’re comfortable using Zoom, Git, GitHub, Google Docs, Sheets, and Drive.
- You have a positive attitude and a desire to help others!
Please note this is a part-time position, with hours in the evening or weekend depending on the session timing.
Founded in 2012, Juno College of Technology (formerly HackerYou College of Technology) is a well-loved provider of hands-on, project-based training for people who want to learn to code or become professional developers! From our 12,000 square foot office in downtown Toronto, we run full-time and continuing education courses year-round. We also run workshops, corporate training events, and we rent out our office to external groups. With thousands of alumni and 1000+ students a year, there’s a large community of people ready to welcome you to Juno!
How to apply
Please apply via this link! We’d love to see your resume, and anything else you’d like to provide us! All applications are appreciated, but we will only contact successful applicants to move on to the next stage.