About the Position
We have an exciting 2020 ahead of us at Juno College and we are on the lookout for candidates with experience in data, technology and strategy to instruct our part-time Data Foundations course!
Our Data Foundations course is an entry-level course unlike any other offered in Toronto, designed to teach functional data literacy 一 the understanding of how data and analytics fit into one’s day-to-day work, an increasingly in-demand skill in today’s data-driven society. The course is aimed at people who work in a role with access to data, but aren’t sure how to use it; you will give them the understanding of data needed to start making strategic decisions.
We’re looking for part-time instructors who are collaborative, empathetic, and passionate about teaching and data!
In this role, you will:
- Teach prepared course curriculum through lessons and interactive exercises
- Work collaboratively with our students and mentors in the classroom and give project support
- Update the curriculum notes to incorporate changes in technology, or to improve clarity
- Provide a thoughtful, stimulating, and positive classroom experience
- Other tasks as required
- You are collaborative, energetic, empathetic, and a great technical problem solver.
- You are flexible, willing, and able to respond and adapt to different learning styles and personalities
- You have 3-5 years of professional experience in Data and Advanced Analytics
- You are passionate about how we can use data to improve the world
- You’re an excellent public speaker and written communicator
- You’re comfortable using productivity tools like Slack, Git, GitHub, Google Docs, Sheets, and Drive
- You have a positive attitude and a desire to help others!
Proven knowledge of three or more of the following:
- Spreadsheets and Charts
- SQL and Databases
- Extract-Transform-Load (ETL)
- Regression Models
- Data Visualization
- Supervised ML
Please note this is a part-time position, with hours in the evening or weekend depending on the session timing.
Founded in 2012, Juno College of Technology (formerly HackerYou College of Technology) is an award-winning provider of hands-on, project-based training for people who want to learn to code or become professional developers! From our 12,000 square foot learning space in downtown Toronto, we run full-time and continuing education courses year-round. We also run workshops and corporate training events, and we rent out our space to external groups looking to gather together. With thousands of alumni and 1000+ students a year, there’s a huge community of people ready to welcome you to Juno!
How to apply
Please apply via this link! We’d love to see your resume, and anything else you’d like to provide us! All applications are appreciated, but we will only contact successful applicants to move on to the next stage.