Though 2020 has certainly gone differently than we expected it to, at Juno, we remain focused on our purpose: helping young people get ahead. The impact of the COVID-19 crisis on young people has been enormous, and more than ever, young people are going to need us to help them discover web development and support them in making a career change through our Bootcamp program.
That’s where you come in. We’re looking for a driven, client-centred, results-oriented Technical Career Success Specialist to join the Juno team. At Juno, we’ve got ambitious goals and you’ll be joining the Outcomes team at an exciting time. As a team obsessed with making sure our graduates get great results, we are growing, trying new ideas and intensely focused on making sure Juno grads continue to stand out.
As a Technical Career Success Specialist on the Outcomes team, you own the job seeker journey & experience for bootcamp students and graduates. Your job will involve ensuring graduates are prepared for the job search after bootcamp. You’ll do that by facilitating career services events & workshops, meeting with graduates one-on-one on a weekly basis, and providing resume, cover letter and job search advice. Working closely with the Director of Outcomes, you’ll develop a career curriculum for Career Labs, the career development program for recent bootcamp graduates. It’s important to know that we measure everything. You will track job search data, and do whatever it takes to keep engagement levels of job seeking graduates high, finding out what motivates each individual you work with. You’ll help them quickly land full-time jobs as web developers, while creating an exceptional job seeker experience.
Who We’re Looking For
We’re looking for candidates with 2 to 5 years of experience in technology recruitment, career advising/coaching, and leadership development with an ideal focus on recruiting or coaching software developers. This is a target-driven role that’s perfect for someone who is very results-oriented and really cares about meeting metrics. This role would be a good fit for someone with career advising and facilitation experience. You have worked with talent/job seekers from diverse backgrounds, and have knowledge of tech startups and labour market. Without a doubt Juno is the place for you if you care about skill-building, technology and contributing to a team that really cares about what we do every day. And, perhaps not surprisingly, we don't care about things like degrees or diplomas. We care about finding great people to join our team, and then helping them to reach their full potential! If you feel like we're describing you right now, please read on!
- Support, guide and encourage bootcamp grads through the job seeker journey & experience
- Prepare bootcamp grads for their job search, provide resume and cover letter advice, facilitate behavioural and technical mock interview, and be the responsive go-to for all job search matters
- Conduct weekly job seeker check-ins and offer one-on-one appointments
- Cultivate relationships with graduates to understand their job search needs and create individualized solutions
- Develop and facilitate career curriculum to graduates during Career Labs and as required
- Track and meet activity targets to support your weekly and monthly goals
- Stay up-to-date on marketplace trends to solidify your role as a subject matter expert and trusted advisor in the higher education space
- Be an ambassador for Juno’s values to everyone in our community
- 2 to 3 years of experience in technology recruitment, HR, career advising/coaching, recruitment or leadership development (Bonus points if you have recruited or coached software developers)
- Experience in one or more roles where you had to use good judgement, especially in ambiguous conditions
- You are goal-oriented and have an innate drive to achieve and hit targets
- You are an effective communicator and can build relationships with other easily
- You value processes and best practices to achieve consistent outcomes
- You are not intimidated by change and ambiguity
You have a ‘no job is too big or too small’ mentality
Please note that this is a full-time, permanent position. It is currently a remote position and may be remote friendly post-COVID. We’d love to have someone start as soon as possible, but ultimately we're care about finding the right person to join our team!
Perks & Benefits
Please visit our Careers page for a full list of perks & benefits.
How To Apply
Apply via this link! We'd love to see your resume and answers to the following two questions:
What makes you qualified for this role? Highlight your direct or transferable experience that demonstrates your fit. (do not exceed 200 words)
In this role you will guide and support 60 to 70 job seekers simultaneously in their job search. Provide a succinct summary of a situation where you coached and led a team / group to reach its goal(s). Highlight tactics used, challenges you had to overcome, and how success was measured. (do not exceed 200 words)
All applications are appreciated, but we will only contact successful applicants to move on to the next stage.
Founded by Heather Payne in 2012, Juno College of Technology is an innovative technology school based in Toronto, Canada. As a registered Private Career College, Juno offers courses for people who want to land jobs in tech - fast - and serves over 1000 students a year from a 12,000 square foot campus in downtown Toronto. We’re a small team of around 30 people and you’ll be a part of our small but mighty Outcomes team.
It's important to us that everyone who joins our team fits with our core values, which are: 1) We experiment and improve, 2) We take initiative and deliver results, 3) We are flexible and thrive in ambiguity, and 4) We’re enthusiastic and positive.