Though 2020 has certainly gone differently than we expected it to, at Juno we remain focused on our purpose: helping young people get ahead. The impact of the COVID-19 crisis has been enormous, and more than ever, young people are going to need us to help them discover web development and support them in making a career change through our Web Development Immersive Bootcamp.
That’s where you come in. We’re looking for an organized, detail-oriented, energetic, and proactive Student Experience Coordinator to join our team at Juno College of Technology! Though our courses and programs are being delivered remotely, the student experience is our top priority and we’re looking for a skilled and dedicated individual to help us insure our students’ time with us is amazing!
About the Position
Reporting to the Programs Operations Manager, the Student Experience Coordinator will work with the Programs team to support student outcomes and experience. The Student Experience Coordinator will be accountable for administrative duties regarding the student journey from acceptance to a course to graduation, student and community support, and working alongside staff and stakeholders to ensure a smooth delivery of programmed curricular and extracurricular activities.
We care deeply about all of our students and we want to ensure a well-organized, smooth, and fun experience, and quick, thoughtful response and resolution to any student issues.
You will support our instructors and students by preparing the tools they need to successfully complete their courses, collecting, delivering and storing important information, addressing student issues as the first point of contact, and ensuring events and activities run smoothly! Some examples of duties are:
- Supporting student onboarding and orientation
- Resolving or appropriately escalating student issues and complaints
- Fulfilling or appropriately escalating student requests
- Ensuring vocational student files and documents are kept up-to-date
- Scheduling extracurriculars and managing staffing and logistics to ensure a smooth experience for all students and staff
- Creating methods for collecting leading indicators of program quality.
- Preparing onboarding, student information management, and certification documents
- Creating, sending, and storing marking rubrics, transcripts, etc.
- Uploading, organizing and auditing documents and files in compliance with PCC Act regulations and requirements
First and foremost, we care deeply about our community from the team to students to alumni. Our team’s core values represent the core competencies and traits of our 30 person team!
- We experiment & improve
- We take initiative & deliver results
- We’re flexible & thrive in ambiguity
- We’re enthusiastic & positive
If those values resonate with you and you’re excited about the chance to learn a whole bunch about startups, small businesses, technology, and education while contributing to a close-knit and collaborative team that really cares about making a difference, this might be the job for you!
Your Skills & Qualifications
This role is ideal for a detail-oriented and organized individual with one to three years of administrative or operations experience looking to join a super dynamic team poised for growth and impact. It’s perfect for someone who has discovered a passion for teaching and mentoring, someone with experience in project management, event management, business administration or operations, and a passion for HR, communications, and people ops.
- You are organized, detail-oriented, and solution-focused
- You are patient and love to help others solve problems
- You are an effective communicator and can build relationships with others easily
- You have a track record of getting things done accurately and efficiently
- You are comfortable using Google Docs, Sheets, and Drive
- You can manage multiple projects, and priorities and take pride in your ability to meet deadlines
- You are driven to see projects and tasks improved and prioritize effectively
- You have a ‘no job is too big or too small’ mentality
- Education in or professional experience with HR or People Management a is plus
- Most of all, you have a positive attitude and a desire to help others!
Founded in 2012, Juno College of Technology (formerly HackerYou College of Technology) is a well-loved provider of hands-on, project-based training for people who want to learn to code or become professional developers! From our 12,000 square foot office in downtown Toronto and Live Online, we run full-time and continuing education courses year-round. We also run free coding workshops and corporate training. With thousands of alumni and over a thousand students a year, there’s a large community of people ready to welcome you to Juno!
Perks & Benefits
This is a full-time, permanent position with room to grow and expand. We’d love to have someone start as soon as possible, but ultimately we’re flexible - it’s more important for us that we find the right person to join our team!
The annual salary for this role is $55K.
Please note we are currently fully remote with the whole Juno team working from home. We have plans to return to our office in person when it is safe to do so but you can expect this to be a remote position (at least) well into 2021.
Please visit our Careers page for a full list of perks & benefits.
How to Apply
Please apply via this link! We’d love to see your resume, and anything else you’d like to provide us! All applications are appreciated, but we will only contact successful applicants to move on to the next stage.
Doesn't sound like the job for you?
If you're looking for a career change but this position doesn't sound like a good fit, our Web Development Immersive Bootcamp can help. With an employment rate of 78.5% within 180 days of graduation and a median base salary of $55,000, becoming a developer is something you won't regret. Find out more about our Bootcamp or download our Student Outcomes Report to find out more about our grads' success.