Employer Relations Specialist
At Juno, we’ve got ambitious goals and we’re looking for driven, results-oriented, and friendly people to help us achieve them. We are hiring an Employer Relations Specialist to join the Outcomes team! As a team obsessed with making sure our graduates get great results, we are growing, trying new ideas and intensely focused on making sure Juno grads continue to stand out.
As the Employer Relations Specialist on the Outcomes team, you own the growth of Juno’s relationships with organizations and employers. Your job will involve sourcing employment opportunities that are the right fit for recent graduates of Juno’s Web Development bootcamp. You’ll be connecting with hiring managers, recruiters and decision makers to position Juno as a reliable talent source.
Working closely with the Director of Outcomes, you’ll develop an employer outreach strategy that will meet our ambitious goals and exciting future growth plans. It’s important to know that we measure everything. You will track outreach activities, and do whatever it takes to get our graduates placed. You’ll help them quickly land full time jobs as web developers, while creating an exceptional employer engagement experience for every company Juno works with.
Who We’re Looking For
We’re looking for candidates with at least 2 years of experience in job development, employer relations or high volume recruitment, preferably with a technology-focused agency. This is a target-driven role that’s perfect for someone who is very results-oriented and really cares about meeting metrics. This role would be a good fit for someone who understands sales cycles and worked within a sales process. You have worked with talent/job seekers from diverse backgrounds, and have knowledge of tech startups and labour market.
Without a doubt, Juno is the place for you if you care about skill-building, technology and contributing to a team that really cares about what we do every day. And, perhaps not surprisingly, we don't care about things like degrees or diplomas. We care about finding great people to join our team, and then helping them to reach their full potential. If you feel like we're describing you right now, please read on!
- Identify and cultivate relationships with regional, provincial, national and international organizations and business sectors that historically have had little or no interaction with Juno and/or experience with hiring our students and graduates
- Ensure our graduate community is “first-choice” by maintaining and growing existing relationships with organizations that hire Juno graduates
- Secure work opportunities that match the skills and experience of Juno graduates and work closely with the Career Success Specialists to refer candidates to employers
- Work closely with the Director of Outcomes to proactively develop and implement strategies designed to increase employment opportunities and placements for students and graduates
- Coordinate B2B outreach activities and strategy with Juno’s Partnership Manager
- Secure organizations and employers for networking and career-related events at Juno
- Build relationships with employment funders and promote wage subsidy programs to employers
- Stay up-to-date on marketplace trends to solidify your role as a subject matter expert and trusted advisor in the higher education space
- Be an ambassador for Juno’s values to everyone who interacts with our community
- Minimum of 2 years experience in job development, employer relations or high volume recruitment, preferably with a technology-focused agency and organization
- Experience using Sales and CRM tools such as Salesforce, Outreach (or similar) as well as working within a Sales cycle
- You are a confident communicator and relationship builder with demonstrated experience in gaining buy-in from decision makers
- Highly comfortable with cold calling, cold emailing and building prospect lists
- You are goal-oriented and have an innate drive to achieve and hit targets
- You value processes and best practices to achieve consistent outcomes
- You are not intimidated by change and ambiguity
- You have a ‘no job is too big or too small’ mentality
Salary, Perks & Benefits
$55,000 base plus bonus
Perks & Benefits:
- Three weeks paid vacation
- Healthcare spending account
- Access to take part-time courses at no cost
Visit our careers page to learn about perks and benefits. Please note that this is a full-time, permanent position. It is currently a remote position and may be remote friendly post-COVID.
Founded by Heather Payne in 2012, Juno College of Technology is an innovative technology school based in Toronto, Canada. As a registered Private Career College, Juno offers courses for people who want to land jobs in tech - fast - and serves over 1000 students a year, In-Person in Toronto and Live Online. We’re a small team of around 34 people and you’ll be a part of our small but mighty Outcomes team. It's important to us that everyone who joins our team fits with our core values, which are:
- We experiment and improve
- We take initiative and deliver results
- We are flexible and thrive in ambiguity
- We’re enthusiastic and positive.
We believe in diversity and inclusive communities. We encourage professionals from all backgrounds and groups to apply. Learn about our commitment to diversity and inclusion on our blog.
How to Apply
Apply online here by submitting a resume and answering the following question:
What makes you qualified for this role? Highlight your direct or transferable experience that demonstrates your fit. (do not exceed 200 words)
Doesn't sound like the job for you?
If you're looking for a career change but this position doesn't sound like a good fit, our Web Development Immersive Bootcamp can help. With an employment rate of 78.5% within 180 days of graduation and a median base salary of $55,000, becoming a developer is something you won't regret. Find out more about our Bootcamp or download our Student Outcomes Report to find out more about our grads' success.