About the Position
We’re preparing for an exciting year of growth ahead! So we’re looking for an organized, detail-oriented, energetic and proactive HR Manager to join our team at Juno. Ultimately, you will be responsible for helping us to grow our team, working cross-departmentally in support of our students and team, and be accountable for developing and delivering our people policies in a way that lives our core values.
We are a small company (and we like it that way!) but we move quickly. There will always be a variety of tasks and projects for you to work on. We’re looking for a warm and friendly people-person (we’re enthusiastic & positive) who is extremely organized and detail-oriented. We’d like someone who is comfortable stepping in when required and taking ownership over project completion (we take initiative & deliver results). And you will be appreciated for it – from both staff and students!
Reporting to the Director of Operations & Finance, this role is ideal for someone who has experience working on people & culture teams, with a focus on diversity, while contributing to a team that really cares about what we do every day. It would also be a great fit for someone with experience in people operations, recruiting, or hospitality!
We all work for our students - helping our students get ahead - so the ideal candidate will have a passion for helping students, working with people, and seeing them succeed.
Founded by Heather Payne in 2012, the Juno College of Technology is an innovative technology school based in Toronto, Canada. As a registered Private Career College, Juno offers courses for people who want to land jobs in tech - fast - and serves over 1000 students a year from a 12,000 square foot campus in downtown Toronto.
With thousands of alumni and a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion, Juno has trained some of the brightest young minds in the country and is poised to continue to have a major impact on the education landscape in Canada and beyond.
Here's a sample of Juno's HR Manager responsibilities:
- Develop, manage, and implement our people-first policies, testing to assess policy effectiveness, and using data and analytics to improve processes
- Manage on-boarding and new employee experience for our growing team
- Plan internal events and outings that highlight our culture and bring the team together
- Lend your expertise to our outcomes team, ensuring an awesome student experience and helping graduates accelerate their careers
- Drive team culture and community through engagement strategies using Lattice, BambooHR, and other tools
- Work collaboratively with other teams to plan, predict, and prepare for Juno's continued growth
- Work with Juno's Leadership Team to develop and publish thought leadership content centred around our community that elevates our brand and our culture
- Periodically review our total compensation to make sure we stay competitive
- Benefits administration
- Introduce learning and development opportunities to help our staff continue to grow
Other tasks as required.
- You have 3+ years of experience in human resources, or a related field
- You are passionate about team culture and community
- You have a track record of getting things done and a ‘no job is too big or too small’ mentality
- You have experience managing or working with teams
- You are not intimidated by numbers or analysis in MS Excel, Google Docs, Sheets & Slides
- You are super organized and like to be ultra prepared
- You are firm but approachable, someone who people can speak candidly with
- You step in to make decisions, take ownership over a project, and meet deadlines
- Most of all, you have a positive attitude and a desire to help others!
- Bonus points if you know how to code, or want to learn!
- Please note that this is a full-time, permanent position beginning as soon as possible (we’re flexible).
Perks & Benefits
Please visit our Careers page for a full list of perks & benefits.
How to Apply
Please apply here! We’d love to see your resume, and anything else you’d like to provide us! All applications are appreciated, but we will only contact successful applicants to move on to the next stage.